7/01/2002

About me

My name is John Ben-Younes. I am half American, and half Tunisian. I was born in Tunisia, but studied in America. After I was done studying, I worked for several years for the American military. After Sept. 11th, my entire unit was dissolved, and I moved to South Africa to start a new life. I subcontracted for Executive Outcomes for a while, and after the gov shakeup, worked for smaller security companies. I have worked in a lot of places around the world, from Europe to the Middle East to Africa. The missions are usually well paid, and the risk is not always significant.

My blog is not published on a time-scale that matches what I am doing. It is delayed sometimes, sometimes it is not. Sometimes the entries are written but are not uploaded, sometimes they are written directly into the web, sometimes they are about things that happened in the past. I do not have time to always be at a computer to post regularly, and I just do this to clear my mind, not for you to read.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JOhn, why was your unit dissolved after the September 11th attack?

3:41 PM  
Blogger John said...

Some reasons or the other, mostly with them feeling that we had failed in our primary mission. I cannot give too many details, since it was intelligence work.

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John, since you worked within the states and with the military,do you feel the Sept 11th attack could have been prevented? Answer if you want to, if not i understand. After all it is a personal question

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a US Soldier and I'd say 99% of this is bullshit the other 1% is coming from your whinny James Bond want to be dreams. If you are real (which would make you 1/2 tunisian and 1/2 trator)maybe I'll see you in the sandbox and we can play until members of the real EO find you.
SFC Hope to see ya soon

9:01 PM  
Blogger John said...

Heh you fuckface. U.S Soldiers are fucking weaklings. When you have got helicopters hovering over you, satellites watching the grounds, tanks that cannot be pierced by anything, ONLY THEN can you fight.

Give 5 U.S soldiers 5 AK47s and drop them in the congo, see how quick it takes before they are slaughtered with machetes.

What makes you think you can take me on in any way? My training is superior to yours, my experience has taught me proper jungle combat, and not the weakling shit that you know.

And what do you see yourself as, claiming that because I happen to have American blood that I should work for America! That must be the height of stupidity - but hey I forgot, you ARE american, you MUST be stupid!

1:03 AM  
Blogger John said...

And yeah, if you feel I'm invented, then that is your opinion, and I don't care. I've said once that I am real, but most people simply cannot believe that anyone can be a freelance soldier AND blog, so I am not going to get into arguments debating my existence.

1:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure it's the opinion of anyone with a military background that reads your work, it does make for good fiction. Proper jungle training like when you ran in to the jungle dropping you weapon scared for your life (in your June 16 04 entry) because you are not smart enough to put out guards or lp/op's. Johnny you need to read up on tactics and stay away from the LSD.
SFC

9:14 AM  
Blogger John said...

Oh, oh, how exactly are you going to battle a superior force that takes you by surprise? What do I look like, RAMBO? Or you expect me to lug a machine gun into the bush? And run at the same time?

If you reread the entry, you will see that I was not using an AK or something small, I was holding a machine gun. You cannot run with that.

In the equitorial guinea/congo mission, everything went wrong. The army fell apart because we were working with locals, the main mercenary group did not appear (we later learnt that they had been arrested and disbanded), and you still expect us to be applying tactics? Dude, come into the real world, this is not a computer game.

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now John, these "people" are talking about the tactics used while being stationed at Abu Gharib. We all know how that went. The photos alone brought the U.S.military to a new low. Sorry guys.
u guessed wrong

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home